The 7 Steps to Safety resource is available to MTA SA/NT members and is based on the SafeWork SA and WorkSafe NT guides to health and safety for small business.
It can also be utilised to construct a more comprehensive version in relation to larger businesses.
This easy to understand resource sets out a practical seven step approach to help you meet your legal obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) and the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 (NT).
The practical seven step approach involves:
- Management commitment - in defining health and safety responsibilities and providing the resources to meet those responsibilities
- Effective consultation - with workers on health and safety issues
- Managing hazards - in the workplace
- Informing, Training and Supervising - of workers
- Maintaining a safe workplace – using effective tools
- Keeping WHS records – the importance of documentation
- Monitoring , Reviewing and Improving – ensuring the effectiveness of the system on an ongoing basis
With the implementation of these seven steps, combined with the maintenance of WHS records, an employer will be able to demonstrate that reasonable steps have been taken to ensure a safe workplace.
MTA SA/NT can also assist members with the printing of the employer’s logo on the various forms, if required.
Download the 7 Steps to Safety flyer for a printable copy.