The MTA trains more than 900 industry and MTA South Australian apprentices every year at our advanced Training Centre at Royal Park and satellite training sites across the state.
Specialised features include:
- A 10-bay welding area
- A paint shop with mixing area and bake oven spray booths
- A 15-metre truck pit with fully ducted ventilation system
- 8 overhead vehicle hoists
- An all-wheel-drive dynamometer
- A 4-bay drive-in facility for repair and maintenance of semis and b-double trailers
- Additional training areas for expansion of post-trade training including hybrid and electrical vehicles.
All of our materials, resources and training aids are up to date with the latest advancements in technology.
DEDICATED PAINT & PANEL WORKSHOPS
Our dedicated paint workshop has its own paint storage, mixing rooms and two bake oven spray booths, all with appropriate ventilation and safety features.
The panel workshop is fully resourced for fabrication and assembly of vehicle bodies.
MTA's industry partnerships with manufacturers, including Fiat/Chrysler, Holden, KIA Motors and Subaru, means you'll have the assistance and support of the industry through the donation of vehicles, engines and expertise plus original equipment manufacturer information, specifications and the latest innovations found on their new vehicle designs.
The MTA training facility is also supported by the following partners: Axalta, Capricorn Society Limited, PPG, I-CAR, MTAA Super, Lowbake Australia, Blackwoods, SP Tools and 3M.